Leverton Blog

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"

My Photo
Name:
Location: IL

Welcome to the Leverton family blog. We are a family of six and hope to utilize this blog to share some of our thoughts and musings. We'll also try to post some pictures of the kids as well as our projects from time to time. I work as a carpenter/woodworker and also serve as an elder in a small Baptist church. Besides obviously enjoying my family and the Christian faith, I also enjoy reading, working with wood, and observing the weather.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006


Ten years ago, the Lord was pleased to beging blessing Rachel and I with children. We are very thankful that God has been pleased to give us four children and we pray daily for wisdom so that we might train them up in a godly fashion. Aaron, our oldest son, just turned ten years old! It is hard to believe that so many years have already passed. He stands chest high to me now - but it does not seem that long ago when he as an infant slept on my chest as I laid on the couch!



Who says that kids need a lot of expensive toys to keep them busy?! Mariah enjoyed playing with this empty box for nearly a day before she had it destroyed. Sometimes in the evening I will rock her in my favorite rocking chair, but this night I had to rock her as she sat in her box! We praise God for little moments such as these, for as insignificant as they may seem, they fill us with great joy!




What happened to winter? We had three weeks of winter that began the last part of December, but now for three weeks we have had mild temperatures. The snow has melted and the ice on the rivers has broken up and floated down stream. This fuzzy picture as it appears here was a very stunning early morning photo of the setting moon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Yes Children are a blessing.

I don't know what happened to Winter, my children sure sure miss it.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home