Leverton Blog

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"

My Photo
Name:
Location: IL

Welcome to the Leverton family blog. We are a family of six and hope to utilize this blog to share some of our thoughts and musings. We'll also try to post some pictures of the kids as well as our projects from time to time. I work as a carpenter/woodworker and also serve as an elder in a small Baptist church. Besides obviously enjoying my family and the Christian faith, I also enjoy reading, working with wood, and observing the weather.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Taste of Winter


I was somewhat surprised to see the scattered flurries forecast for last night end up coating the ground nearly an inch early this morning. Today was early December cold, with afternoon highs reaching only the middle 30's and not even melting the snow in the shaded areas.

We gathered all the potatoes early in the week and everything was basically out of the garden and the fruit trees. I butchered the last 13 of our roosters a couple days ago. We left three roosters with the flock and the past two days we have gathered two dozen eggs.

This might be the earliest I can recall seeing the ground white with snow. I recall some snow on the ground a couple times near the end of October, but not this early.

I enjoy the fall and winter seasons very much. The wood stove is hot and the house is warm. The aroma of woodsmoke outside reminds me to rejoice in the blessings of winter.

It felt good to come in and stand next to the wood stove!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home