Leverton Blog

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"

My Photo
Name:
Location: IL

Welcome to the Leverton family blog. We are a family of six and hope to utilize this blog to share some of our thoughts and musings. We'll also try to post some pictures of the kids as well as our projects from time to time. I work as a carpenter/woodworker and also serve as an elder in a small Baptist church. Besides obviously enjoying my family and the Christian faith, I also enjoy reading, working with wood, and observing the weather.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Spring Projects



We have had a string of uncommonly warm days for northern Illinois with warm highs in the 60's and 70's. Persistent thunderstorms this past Sunday brought much needed rainfall - with widespread amounts over 2" - and around 3 1/2" at our place. Some of the water ran off, but the most noticeable result of the rainfall was the growth of the grass. We even had to get the mowers out!

The garden has been tilled and planted potatoes and onions early this week. We set about 100 hills of potatoes and planted 200 onions. My neighbor and I have been working on wood and I am pleased to be able view nearly two years worth of wood now split and stacked. It's a lot of work, but it is nice to have so much done.

We were able to procure a chicken house for the hauling and $50. My dad and I took some time one afternoon and hauled it here, bending a few road rules in so doing. I have repaired the windows, added some electrical wiring, and built a temporary pen to house small chicks. We opted to order some Barred Rocks and are hoping to receive a straight run of 100 chicks. This is the first experience I have had with birds, so I suppose we shall wait and see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home